Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Religion-Politics & Sex

POLITICS-RELIGION & SEX
9/30/2009 4:59:58 AM

That’s a loaded subject!

Let me start with RELIGION.

Last night Sally was invited to a farewell supper for our pastor. We met at the Thomas sisters’ home. Spouses are invited also.

Pastor Meggan’s last day as Pastor will be Oct 4th, 2009. Our church’s web address is http://www.oslctopeka.org

We will miss her and the family very much.

I asked her what she had plans for her future. She answered that her plate is empty. I guess that means no plans.

I made an observation that our last interim pastor just died. I’m sure there’s an opening for ELCA interim pastors. We laughed over my statement. It’s fun to be with friends.

While we’re speaking of religions, I am not an ELCA Lutheran. I’m an AFLC Lutheran. My membership and finances go to Grace Lutheran Bruce SD.

Long story.

But to make a long story short, I do not like the direction the ELCA is taking. The AFLC is more to my traditional upbringing. I still attend church at OSLC. I’m a hypocrite .. J

Guess that’s about it for today.

Post this to:

http://www.myownfaith2.com/blog

I’ll write about politics & sex at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment