Saturday, December 5, 2009

WEaKLY/WEEKLY



WEaKLY/WEEKLY:
12/5/2009 6:32:12 AM

Good Morning everyone …

Today I’d like to talk a little about religion. I said a little bit about my Lutheran faith and a blog reply I received this week. Visit our blog at www.myownfaith2.com/blog and learn a little more about how I stand in relationship to my faith.

The web address to visit is:

http://myownchurch.blogspot.com

The best way to reply to any of my blogs is to own a google account. This is the Internet technology I use. I heard on the news that our BO president had a meeting with the CEO of Google.

Did you know that my son John has GOOGLE on his Kansas license plate?
My hearse has HOLTREM on its antique plate. Can the DMV hear in Topeka do anything right? The plate is suppose to be “HOLTERM”

Now let me check on the video being downloaded and getting a 2nd cup of coffee.

12/5/2009 7:04:00 AM

The video is still uploading.

So, in 2005 I was dissatisfied with the OSLC (Our Saviors Lutheran Church) here in Topeka KS.

Our Pastor back then, was involved with the peace and justice movement and also speaking out about social injustice in our great city. I had NO PROBLEM with her expressing her opinion. My problem was she was wearing her clerical collar in public (like city hall & the Capitol building).

Pastor Susan was a speaker when WE, the voters of Kansas voted overwhelmingly that the institution of marriage is to between a man and a woman. Our beloved Pastor was a speaker wearing her clerical collar.

I decided right then and there that I was no longer part of the ELCA.

My membership and my tithing are now at Grace Lutheran, AFLC, Bruce SD

And that’s the way it is.

Yours truly in Christ,

myron@myownfaith2.com

No comments:

Post a Comment