My Air Force Buddy

 My Air Force buddy


Basil Filippone and I were roomates together during our Air Force days in
1967-69. We lived in the same room at Offutt AFB with another roomate by the name of
Tom Jakel..shaky Jake. Because of Jake though we won a trip to
March AFB, CA because of a contest... would you believe it... the cleanest
ROOM !!!! If anyone would know Bas and I, we were far from tidy....
Thanks Jake if you ever read this!!!
Basil and I moved to a house during this period of time. Our "free"
rent was suppose to be taking care of the neighbors yard, roses, etc.
We eventually got evicted.... can't understand ?? :) I still have the
eviction notice somewhere. Basil did make a mural during those few months
of living in Bellevue NB. Unfortunately, I also broke my clavicle in
the spring of 1968. During this time also Basil was painting and doing the
nude thing. I can truthfully say I was jealous not having any artistic
ability, and really jealous when he painted nudes at the University of
Nebraska at Omaha. I'm waiting for Basil to become another Picasso so
I can sell his two painting from him for one million !! These two
painting were purchased during our starving period.

During this time frame also Basil met Carol and I met Sally,
our current wives. Basil was an usher at our wedding. We both got
discharged from the Air Force in 1970, Basil heading to his home state
of New Jersey and I ended up in Kansas.

We still communicate via email...Check out Basil's WEB site
below.

A little free advertisement for Basil.

| Basil's Art |
|Go Home| Wedding reception | Roomates |

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteerism

A symphony of love

My Journey is emotionally draining my Lord